The temperatures are dropping and snow is falling all over the country, folks; that means winter is nearly upon us and monitoring your vehicle’s health is incredibly important! Getting stuck on the side of the road in the dead of a winter freeze is no fun at all so, to help you out, we have some quick and easy winter car care tips for you.
- Ensure your tires are inflated properly. Cold air compresses, which might leave your tires a bit flat and in need of a fill-up.
- Check to make sure all of your lights are working, front and back.
- Carry some extra warm blankets in the trunk, as well as an emergency kit with a flashlight and road flairs, just in case you get stuck somewhere and have to wait for assistance in the cold.
- Replace your windshield wipers if they’re a bit old, as ice and snow can be pretty brutal on the wipers’ soft rubber.
- Put on your winter tires. Even if you have all-wheel drive, summer or all-season tires simply aren’t enough to tackle snowy and icy roads; winter tires are made with a special kind of rubber that stays softer in cold temperatures so you’ll have added grip all season long whether the roads are super slick or dry as a bone.
- Get your vehicle checked at our service center! Our experts can check your battery life, inspect your engine, rotate your tires, align your wheels, and much more to ensure your vehicle is in optimal shape for winter.
If you’d like to have our technicians take a look at your vehicle, you can schedule a service appointment right on our website, quick and easy. We hope to see you soon and, until then, drive safe out there!